A Robotic Hand at Supermarkets – level 2
There is a vision for our future shopping: a robotic hand that picks up fruit in an automated supermarket warehouse. A technology team in the UK developed the hand for an online supermarket. The hand has a soft flexible rubber gripper that does not damage fruit when it picks it. The goal is to create a robotic hand that can pick all of the goods offered by the online supermarket.
There is an opinion that different people pick up fruit differently. Some can damage it. On the other hand with robotic systems, there is a possibility that every robot is the best picker.
The hand is only one park of experiments in warehouse robotics and automation. The
company already has a smart automated warehouse north of London.
Difficult words: automated (when something works by itself), warehouse (a large building for storing a lot of food), gripper (a holder).
You can watch the video news in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos