A Robotic Hand at Supermarkets – level 3
A robotic hand picking fruit in an automated supermarket warehouse could be a vision for our future. A technology team in the UK developed the hand for an online supermarket. The hand has been equipped with a soft flexible rubber gripper that does not damage fruit when picked. The goal is to create a robotic hand capable of picking all of the items offered by the online supermarket.
There is an opinion that variation between different people when picking up fruit can damage it. On the other hand with robotic systems, there is a potential that every robot is the best picker.
The hand is just one element of experiments in warehouse robotics and automation. The
company already has a smart automated warehouse north of London.
Difficult words: gripper (a holder), variation (a difference), potential (a possibility), element (a part), automated (when something works by itself).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.