A ship breaks in half – level 2
China’s first typhoon of the year brought strong winds and rain to the southern part of the country.
Strong sea waves damaged a ship in the South China Sea, and then the ship broke in half.
Rescuers rushed to the area, and they tried to save the crew. 30 people were on board, and rescuers airlifted three of them. At that moment, half of the ship was already underwater. Officials said that they didn’t know what happened to the 27 other people, but rescuers were searching for them.
Experts warned that the typhoon could cause a disaster in southern China, one of the country’s most populous areas.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this incident?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.