A special helmet – level 2
An Israeli company Brain Space designed a special helmet which monitors the brain. The helmet has 460 airbrushes which connect to the skin on the head.
They get information about the brain in a way similar to the EEG. The Brain Space CEO said that the goal was to create the language of the brain. People could then use the language to make products and services, which would suit the brain.
Astronauts will be the first people to test the helmet. These astronauts will start their flight to the International Space Station on April 3, and the helmet will monitor their brains during 20-minute tasks.
Difficult words: monitor (to watch and check something), EEG (a test which checks electrical activity in the brain), CEO (the boss of a company).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos