A special helmet – level 3
Brain Space is a four-year-old Israeli startup that studies data on brain activity. It’s designed a brain-monitoring helmet that astronauts will test in space on April 3. They will do it during a SpaceX shuttle flight to the International Space Station.
The helmet has 460 airbrushes that connect to the scalp, and they collect data from the brain, similar to the EEG. They will monitor astronauts as they perform 20 minutes of tasks.
According to the CEO of Brain Space, the company’s mission is to provide an easy access to human mind. Scientists would like to create the language of the brain, and to allow physicians, researchers, and even app developers to use this language, and to create products and services based on the brain.
Difficult words: startup (a newly established business), EEG (a test that detects electrical activity in the brain), physician (a medical doctor who specializes in diagnosis and medical treatment).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos