A special trick – level 3
Spanish kayaker Aniol Serrasolses performed the world´s first flip off a waterfall.
Before the stunt, Serrasolses had to overcome a crash that flung him 10 meters through the air. However, the main run itself went considerably smoother.
After moving onto land, Serrasolses steered his way down the 25-kilometer-long stretch that formed part of the Villarrica Volcano in Chile. Reaching speeds of up to 100 kmph, he performed tricks and jumps off rocks along the snowy descent. He slalomed through a forest, navigated his way down rapids, and ended in the river below. Once in the water, he performed the world´s first double kickflip off a waterfall, for ending up in the open water unscathed.
Serrasolses said that he had always wanted to kayak down the snow and unite the four elements: Earth, air, water and fire. He tackled his descent in September, the start of the Chilean spring, when the snow was still on the ground for the most part and the rivers were flowing well. He managed his trick on the first attempt and he couldn´t be happier.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.