A Very Young Influencer – level 3
Sirio Persichetti has spastic tetraplegia. He cannot speak and he cannot feed himself; however, the seven-year-old boy has taken the world of social media by storm. His daily antics prove that a disability is no barrier to inspiring others.
Sirio is one of Italy’s youngest influencers. His Instagram page is run by his mother Valentina who intended to tell the story of disability in a different way. She said that it was not easy to face Sirio’s disability; however, with the right help, such children could enjoy their lives.
Sirio’s parents came to understand that it was necessary to talk about disability without any pity and without the usual ways that disability was narrated.
Difficult words: spastic tetraplegia (the loss of sensory and motor skills), take by storm (to be very popular), antic (a playful or funny action), narrate (to tell a story).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos