A woman breaks a sculpture – level 1
An art fair takes place in Miami, United States. The fair takes place every year. VIP guests come to the opening night. Something unusual happens.
A woman touches one sculpture with her finger. The sculpture falls to the ground and breaks into pieces. The sculpture is a Balloon Dog sculpture. It costs 42,000 dollars. US artist Jeff Koons makes the sculpture. His Balloon Dog sculptures are very famous and popular. There are 798 pieces. They are very expensive. Some are 3 meters high. The broken sculpture is 40 centimeters high.
A local artist wants to buy the sculpture. He says that it has an interesting story.
Difficult words: art fair (an event in which people can look at art objects), opening night (the first night of an event), local (living in the place or area which we talk about).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
Who buys the sculpture?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos