A woman with a double womb gives birth to twins – level 2
In Alabama, the United States, a woman with a rare condition successfully gave birth to twin girls. The woman has two wombs.
Kelsey Hatcher and her husband welcomed their daughters Roxi Layla and Rebel Laken at the University of Alabama at Birmingham Hospital. Kelsey had a one-in-a-million chance that she would have such a condition. Even her doctor was surprised. Doctors ended the high-risk pregnancy at 39 weeks, after a 20-hour labor. One girl was born naturally and the other via C-section.
Kelsey plans to share the full birth story soon, but now, she is happy to be home to bond and recover during the holidays.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What factors contributed to Kelsey having a high-risk pregnancy?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.