15th-century ship – level 1
This news is from the Netherlands. People are at a port. They work there.
They find a ship in the water. The ship is very old. It is from the 15th century. It is 20 metres long and 8 metres wide. It is 40 tons heavy. People used the ship for trade in the Baltic and North Seas.
This ship is very old, but it looks good. Experts are very happy.
They put a special box around the ship. They pick the ship up.
Difficult words: port (a safe place for ships – boats), use (to do something with something), trade (business).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Would you like to find an old ship?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos