25 years of Mr Bean – level 3
Mr Bean made an unexpected return to the streets of London this week. The British comedy legend headed to Buckingham Palace to celebrate 25 years of success.
“Well, I’m just going to have some old birthday party. It’s just me and my friend, my friend Teddy. Yes, yes, it’s today! It is, it’s today, my birthday, so I brought all my presents. They’re in the car.”
“Did Teddy get you a present?”
“No… Oh, I think he might have done it. He just hasn’t told me where it is.”
Commuters and tourists looked on in surprise as Mr Bean, played by actor Rowan Atkinson, navigated the country’s most famous roads and parks on top off his iconic lime-green mini.
Mr Bean’s antics have been enjoyed by fans in over 190 territories around the world, and even now 25 years since his first appearance, he continues to attract new audiences with 1.5 billion views of his clips on YouTube and almost 63 million fans on Facebook.
Difficult words: commuter (a person who commutes – travels to work daily), iconic (famous), antics (foolish or funny behaviour).
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.