3D printed leg for a dog – level 1
In Mexico, a dog has an accident. It has an accident with a lawnmower. The dog loses its front leg. People are sad. They think that they cannot help the dog.
In Mexico City, there is an animal hospital. Experts from the hospital help. They make the dog a new leg. They 3D print it. The leg is very good. With it, the dog can move very well.
The experts want to help more animals. Soon, they will print legs for other kinds of animals, too.
Difficult words: lawnmower (a thing which cuts the grass in your garden), will (“in the future”), kind (type).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.