3D printed leg for a dog – level 2
A six-year-old dog from Mexico had an accident with a lawnmower, and she lost her front leg. People thought that the dog’s happy days were over, but doctors were able to help.
Specialists in Mexico City created the country’s first 3D printed prosthetic leg. The prosthetic leg is special. After the animal gets used to the leg, she can move almost like she has a normal leg.
This is just the beginning – doctors at the animal hospital say that soon they will make prosthetic legs for other animals, too.
Difficult words: lawnmower (a machine which you use to cut grass), prosthetic leg (a leg made by people which you use instead of your original leg), get used to something (if you get used to something, it becomes normal).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos