3rd SpaceX rocket lands – level 1
Elon Musk is a billionaire. He has a company called SpaceX. SpaceX makes rockets. These rockets can come back to Earth.
The third SpaceX rocket lands. It lands on a drone ship. The ship is in the middle of the ocean. A camera films the descent.
The rocket is 70 metres tall. It carries to space a telecommunications satellite. It takes only 9 minutes to get back.
Difficult words: drone ship (an unmanned ship – without any people on the ship), descent (coming down), telecommunications satellite (a machine in space which lets you make phone calls and use the Internet).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.