3rd SpaceX rocket lands – level 2
Billionaire Elon Musk did it again. He landed a SpaceX Falcon 9 Rocket on a drone ship in the middle of the ocean last Friday. A camera captured the descent.
The 70-metre-tall rocket moved a telecommunications satellite to the orbit. It took just 9 minutes for the rocket to be safe back on Earth. This is the third successful landing of a SpaceX rocket.
SpaceX has orders from customers, including NASA, for more than 10 billion dollars.
Difficult words: drone ship (an unmanned ship – without any people on the ship), descent (coming down), orbit (the space around Earth where satellites are).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos