ABBA after 40 years – level 2
One half of ABBA celebrated the 40th anniversary of its performance in 1974. The performance of the song “Waterloo” won ABBA a big prize.
The band is known around the world for many of its hits. Bjorn is one of its members. He admitted that it was not all effortless. The band did not have a hit after hit after hit. It all happened over a long period of time. The band had a hit, then wrote another song, recorded it and released it.
Bjorn and Frida went on stage to join in the celebration. The crowd sang Happy Birthday.
Difficult words: anniversary (date on which something special happened), effortless (without work).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do you like ABBA?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos