About a tiger and a goat – level 1
Amur is a tiger. He lives in a zoo. People give him a goat. The goat is the tiger’s food. Something interesting happens. The tiger does not eat the goat. They become friends.
The goat is cheeky. It plays with the tiger. It sleeps in the tiger’s bed. Amur is OK with it.
However, there is an incident. The tiger and the goat play, and the goat hits the tiger with its horns. Amur hits the goat back. The goat must see a doctor, but it is OK. Now, the goat knows that the tiger is the boss.
Difficult words: cheeky (not scared and not showing respect), incident (a situation when something bad happens), horns (the two hard and dangerous bones which grow out from some animals’ heads).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this friendship?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.