AC/DC drummer in trouble – level 2
The drummer for the the rock band AC/DC appeared in court in New Zealand. The court charged him with drug possession and trying to arrange the murders of two people.
The 60-year-old did not say anything at the court. The court let him go for now, but he has to come back at the end of the month.
The band fired the drummer, Phil Rudd, back in 1983, but he returned in 1994. AC/DC will soon release its first album in five years this month.
Difficult words: charge (to say formally that somebody did something illegal), possession (having something), arrange (organise).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think of this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.