Accident in an Amusement Park – level 3
An amusement park ride broke apart in mid-air on the opening day of the Ohio State Fair. The accident ejected the passengers into the air with one man who died, landing 15 metres from the ride. Three of the seven injured remain in hospital in critical condition.
Officials say that the ride had passed all of its inspections, and the state’s governor ordered a full investigation into the fatal malfunction.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.