Actor Dies – level 1
Chadwick Boseman is an American actor. His birthplace is South Carolina. He grows up there.
Before 2013, Boseman has only small TV roles. However, he gets a role in ´42´. ´42´ is a movie about an American baseball player, Jackie Robinson. This film makes Boseman more popular. Later, Boseman plays in the movie ´Black Panther´. He becomes an international star.
This week, Chadwick Boseman dies in his home near Los Angeles, California. He has ulcer cancer. It is a very serious disease. Many people are surprised. Boseman does not speak about his health problems very much. People do not know about them.
Difficult words: birthplace (the place where someone is born), ulcer cancer (a sickness when a body part grows too quickly inside of the body parts that help people eat food) disease (a serious sickness).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.