Actor Dies – level 2
Chadwick Boseman was an American actor who played several historical figures. He was born in South Carolina, and he grew up there.
In 2013, he became popular when he played baseball star Jackie Robinson in ’42’. However, the movie ’Black Panther’ made him an international star. Before that, he acted in small TV roles.
Last week, Boseman died from colon cancer. He was only 43 years old, and many people were surprised by his death. Boseman did not speak publicly about his illness, and many people did not know about it.
Boseman died at his home near Los Angeles, California, and his family was by his side.
Difficult words: figure (a famous or well-known person), colon cancer (a disease when a body part grows without control inside of the body parts that help people get food in their bodies), public (a situation when someone tells many people somethnig).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos