Actor Dies – level 3
’Black Panther’ star, Chadwick Boseman, died on Friday at 43 years old from stage IV colon cancer.
Boseman was born in South Carolina, and he graduated from Howard University. He acted in small TV roles before his 2013 break out role in ’42’, where he played Jackie Robinson. Most recently, Boseman was working on a feature adaptation of the August Wilson play, ’Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom.’
Boseman’s diagnosis and death may come as a surprise, since he had not shared the news publicly. According to the family statement, Boseman died at his home in the Los Angeles area with his family by his side.
Difficult words: stage IV cancer (the time when a cancer can grow so quickly it can kill a person), colon (a tube-like organ that is a part of the digestive tract which helps people také food into their bodies), adaptation (a film made from a book or play), diagnosis (identifying a disease from its signs and symptoms).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.