Ad About Racism – level 3
In the US, following nationwide protests against police brutality, the company Nike is encouraging people to speak up about racism and not remain silent.
Nike posted the all-text ad on Friday, and it twists the brand´s famous slogan ´Just Do It´ by urging people to ´For Once, Don´t Do It.´
In the past, Nike was criticized for supporting anti-racism causes. For example, the company supported the former NFL star, Colin Kaepernick, who famously knelt during the national anthem instead of standing, as a form of a protest against police brutality in the US.
Another sneaker brand, Adidas, responded to Nike´s ad in solidarity of the message. It said that only together people can make a change and move forward.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.