Afghanistan Peace Deal – level 2
The Taliban said that the US and the Afghan government broke the peace deal. The Taliban said that it wants the US and Afghan officials to keep the deal.
The Taliban claimed that it reduced attacks on Afghan police and soldiers; however, the US attacks Afghan people by drones. The US military spokesman said that Taliban’s claims were not true and that the US will continue to protect its partners.
The spokesman also said that the US did not break the peace deal. He asked Taliban to reduce violence and to focus on the coronavirus in Afghanistan. The coronavirus is spreading across the country, and the Taliban said that it will stop fighting in areas with the coronavirus. It will also let health workers help ill people.
Difficult words: claim (to say officially that something happened, usually without evidence of it), drone (a small aircraft that does not have a pilot and a person on the ground controls it), focus (to concentrate on one thing).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.