Ahmed’s clock – level 1
This news is about a teenager. He is from Texas. His name is Ahmed Mohamed. He is Muslim.
The boy makes a clock. The clock is in a suitcase. It looks a little like a bomb.
He brings the clock to school. Teachers think that it is a bomb. They call the police. The police arrest Ahmed.
People hear about this story. They support Ahmed. Barack Obama invites him to the White House.
Difficult words: suitcase (a box where you put your things when you travel), arrest (to take to the police station), support (to help by saying or doing something nice).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this incident with the clock?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos