AI and US elections – level 1
Sam Altman is the boss of OpenAI. OpenAI is a company which makes Artificial intelligence (AI).
Altman speaks in the US Senate. He says that AI can have an impact on the 2024 elections. He worries about it very much. It is necessary to have rules for using AI. Many companies are developing AI. AI could harm society in the future. It could spread wrong information. People could believe things which are not true.
Lawmakers are working hard. They want to make AI safe for people. They say that AI has many benefits, too. But it is important to remember the risks.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What potential benefits could Artificial Intelligence provide society?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.