AI and US elections – level 2
The boss of OpenAI, Sam Altman, said that he worried about the use of artificial intelligence (AI) to influence the US election.
Altman suggested that we need rules for regulating AI. Many companies are developing AI, and some people worry that it could harm society or spread misinformation. Altman proposed that creators should clearly label when an image is not real but generated by AI. If not, AI can make people believe things which are not real.
Lawmakers are working to control the wrong use of AI, but at the same time, they know that it has many benefits.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What are some of the benefits of Artificial Intelligence that lawmakers should consider when regulating its use?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.