AI drones help farmers and the planet – level 1
Weeds are wild plants. They grow in fields. Farmers do not want them in their fields.
Farmers use a lot of chemicals. These chemicals kill weeds. But chemicals are not good for nature. Most farming machines are big and expensive. They work only a little bit every year. Another problem is that most chemicals end up in soil and on plants. This way of farming is expensive and it does not work very well.
One company makes drones. These drones use AI. The drones fly over fields. They find weeds. They spray only weeds. This saves money and the planet, too. The drones save 95% of chemicals.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What are the potential issues with using drones and AI to identify and target weeds?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.