AI drones help farmers and the planet – level 3
The urgent need to combat weeds sustainably has been heightened by global warming, which accelerates their growth, posing a threat to crops and food security.
Traditional methods involve excessive chemical spraying, resulting in environmental harm. Startups like Precision AI are introducing innovative solutions, such as AI-enabled crop-spraying drones, which reduce chemical usage by up to 90%. These drones employ AI to precisely identify plant species in real-time, allowing targeted chemical applications to eliminate weeds while minimizing environmental impact.
Currently, a significant portion of chemicals applied in agriculture goes to waste. Precision AI aims to shift the industry towards a ‘spray as a service’ model, leveraging precision farming technologies. Despite the potential benefits, challenges include navigating international regulations, scaling up the technology, and addressing concerns about job displacement due to autonomous farming.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What initiatives can be taken to reduce the environmental impacts of weed management while ensuring crop and food security?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.