AI scientist documentary – level 3
Ilya Sutskever, a prominent AI scientist behind ChatGPT, reflects on his founding vision and values.
In conversations with the filmmaker Tonje Hessen Schei, as he was developing the chat language model between 2016 and 2019, he describes his philosophy and makes startling predictions for a technology already shaping our world. Reflecting on his ideas today, amid a global debate over safety and regulation, we consider the opportunities as well as the consequences of AI technology. Ilya discusses his ultimate goal of artificial general intelligence (AGI), a computer system that can do any job or task that a human does, but better, and questions whether the AGI arms race will be good or bad for humanity.
These filmed interviews with Ilya Sutskever are part of a feature-length documentary on artificial intelligence called iHuman.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think the biggest challenge or hurdle will be in the development of AGI and how can we prepare for it?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.