Air Health in USA – level 1
Scientists study air pollution. From 1999 to 2015, they study it in the USA. They watch how much fine matter is in the air.
This fine matter comes from industry, power plants and mostly cars. One piece of the matter is 30 times smaller than a human hair. If you breathe the matter in, it can go deep into your body.
The scientists find that there is less and less of this fine matter. However, the pollution is dangerous. It connects to the death of 30,000 people.
Difficult words: pollution (when something is not clean and has dangerous things in it), fine matter (very small things), connect (has something to do with it, can be one of the reasons why the people die).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.