Air Health in USA – level 3
A recently published study analysed concentrations of fine particulate matter pollution across the continental US from 1999 until 2015.
Industry, power plants and cars produce these extremely small particles of pollution. They are 30 times smaller than the width of a human hair, and they can be inhaled deep into the lungs, which can lead to a variety of health problems.
The study found that this type of pollution declined since 1999, but the researchers say that even at levels below the current standard, air pollution linked to an estimated 30,000 deaths. One of the study’s lead authors said that lowering the standard below the current level would likely improve people’s health.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.