Airbus’ Solar Drone – level 1
Airbus opens a new factory. It makes Zephyr drones. The drones are solar-powered. They fly 18–21 kilometres above the ground. That is very high.
When they fly, they are above the weather. They are above normal aeroplanes. They can be in the air for two months.
Airbus has two Zephyr models. One is smaller and the other is big. The factory is making the smaller one. Its wingspan is 25 metres. It weighs just 75 kilogrammes.
The Zephyr can provide the Internet. It can take pictures and videos, too. It can help in different situations.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.