Airplane Crashes in 2018 – level 3
According to a report released by the Aviation Safety Network, the number of people killed in airplane crashes shot up significantly in 2018.
A total of 556 people died in 15 airliner accidents worldwide last year which is a big jump, which only saw 10 accidents and 44 deaths in 2017.
However, 2018 was still one of the safest years on record – 2017 was the safest year ever. Experts say that aviation safety continues getting better overall.
The document states that “loss of control” accidents have been a major safety concern over the last five years and caused at least 10 of the 25 worst accidents.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.