Airplane Safety for Korean Air – level 2
During a recent flight on Korean Air, a passenger attacked others. An American singer was on that flight. He said that he had to help deal with the passenger, as he felt that the staff was unprepared and did not know what to do.
Korean Air is now training all of its staff on when to use stun guns, ropes, and shackles. Before the staff was only allowed to use stun guns if a crew member or a passenger’s life was in danger. The Korean Air president said that the training for these situations should make the flights safer.
Difficult words: deal with (manage a difficult situation), staff (people who work somewhere), shackles (two rings which you put on a criminal’s hands).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.