Airport Attack – level 2
A bomb exploded at an airport in Yemen. At least 26 people died in the incident, and more than 60 people suffered injuries.
Just a moment before the explosion, a plane landed at the airport. The plane was carrying members of Yemen’s new government. Luckily, they did not get hurt. The politicians left for Mashiq Palace, where a second explosion happened later. Officials do not know who is responsible for the attacks.
There was a war in Yemen and it destroyed a large part of the country. More than 100,000 people died in the war, and millions of people live in very bad conditions now.
Difficult words: member (a person who is a part of a group), responsible (a person who caused something), condition (the situation in which people live or work).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos