Alaskan Baby Otter – level 2
In Alaska, an otter probably left her 2-month-old pup. People rescued the baby from a beach and named him after the town where he was found – Kasilof. Kasilof now lives with a wildlife team at a centre for sea animals.
The US Fish and Wildlife Service said that he was not strong enough to go back to the wild. However, he seems to be happy with the staff at the centre, and he likes playing in the water.
Difficult words: pup (a baby animal like an otter or a dog), staff (people who work at a place).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos