Albino tortoise – level 2
Albinism is a special condition when a person, animal, or plant has no pigment. As a result, the animals have white feathers or skin and pink eyes.
People usually have white hair and skin. Albinism can be dangerous for animals because their skin can’t protect them from sunshine, and they are also more visible for other animals.
Last month, two tortoises were born at a Swiss zoo. One tortoise was black, and the other was albino. The staff waited two days before they were sure that the tortoise was albino. Albinism is very unusual for tortoises, and only one in about 100,000 animals was albino.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.