Aluminium business – level 1
Aluminium is a light silver metal. In March 2022, its price very high. Now, the price of aluminium is 40% lower.
Many reasons influence the situation. First, banks in all the world raise their interest rates. Metals become more expensive. The cost hurts building companies. Companies buy less aluminium.
Second, the war in Ukraine has hurt business in Russia. Prices are growing. People cannot easily say what will happen.
Experts at the London exchange see people can buy more aluminum now. They think that some companies sell aluminium from Russia. They want to sell it quickly.
Difficult words: influence (to have an impact on something), interest rate (how much money a bank wants when someone borrows money from it), exchange (a place where companies make business with a specific material or product).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos