Aluminium business – level 2
In March 2022, prices of aluminium reached record levels, but since that time, they decreased over 40%. A few reasons explain why it happened.
The first reason is rising interest rates in the world, which influence the prices of materials. Metals became very expensive, which had an impact on the building business. The need for metals went down, but some companies made profits.
The second reason is the war in Ukraine and Russia’s business with the EU. People cannot easily predict how the situation will develop, and many things influence the business, for example, China’s need for metals.
Currently, experts at a London trading area see that more aluminium is for sale. Some people believe that companies are getting rid of Russian aluminium.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.