Amazing football juggler – level 1
A man sets a new record. He is from Moscow. He gives a special performance.
He does three things at the same time. He stands on a big ball. He juggles with three footballs. He does “keepy uppies”. This means he moves a ball from foot to foot. The man does all of this for 14 seconds. He does 36 “keepy uppies”.
The man studied at a circus school. His mother enrolled him. He started to work when he was 15.
Difficult words: performance (doing something special), juggle (to keep three things in the air with your hands or with your feet), enroll (to join a school).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Can you juggle?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.