American Tourist Killed – level 1
This news is from the Sentinelese island. It is between India and Myanmar. It is isolated. The people there are the Sentinelese. They are isolated. This makes them afraid of outsiders. They are aggressive.
Also, they are not used to our sicknesses. An outsider can make them sick easily. This is why people cannot simply visit this island. India controls this.
However, an American tourist goes there. The Sentinelese kill him.
Difficult words: isolated (when a place or a people are far away from other places or people), aggressive (violent and ready to fight), outsider (a person who is not part of a group).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos