American Tourist Killed – level 3
Sentinelese tribes people killed American tourist John Allen Chau after he visited them. They live on the isolated Sentinel Island in the Bay of Bengal between India and Myanmar.
India controls the territory and an Indian anthropology professor said that the tourist would have known if he had talked to other people that this tribe was aggressive. They shoot arrows and throw spears and getting too close to them is dangerous.
The tribe is hostile to outsiders and is not immune to common infections like the flu, which is why Indian law restricts access to the island.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.