Americans Are Like Children – level 1
Michelle Obama is Barack Obama’s wife. She is called the First Lady. Donald Trump is going to be the new president. Michelle Obama gives her last interview as the First Lady.
She talks about her husband. She says that he is like the nation’s parent. When something bad happens, he says that it is going to be OK.
She gives an example with a toddler and its parents. Americans are like children, and Obama is the parent. If Obama is calm, Americans can be calm, too.
Difficult words: is going to (in the future), nation (the people of a country), toddler (a small child who is learning to walk).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.