Americans Are Like Children – level 2
Michelle Obama gave her last interview as the US First Lady. She reflected on the Obama Administration’s legacy.
Michelle said that children respond to problems like their parents. She gave an example of a toddler. When it gets hurt, it looks at its parents to see if it is hurt. If the parents are not upset, it is not upset.
Michelle said that Barack Obama was the parent to the USA. In difficult times, he would say that everything would be OK, and that Americans should look to the future.
Difficult words: legacy (how people remember things), respond (react), toddler (a young child who is just beginning to walk).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.