America’s Next First Lady – level 1
Jill Biden is the wife of the new US president, Joe Biden. Jill Biden will soon become America´s first lady. She is 69 years old. She works as a college teacher.
Joe Biden is married to another woman in the past. They have three children together, two boys and one girl. But something terrible happens. Biden´s wife and their daughter die in a car crash. Their daughter is only one year old when it happens.
Joe and Jill get married in 1977. Their daughter Ashley is born in 1981.
Joe Biden is the vice president to the US president, Barack Obama. Jill Biden and Michelle Obama start a project together in 2011. They want to help military families. As the first lady, Jill Biden wants to continue in her job.
Difficult words: first lady (the wife of a president), vice president (the person who does a president´s job when he cannot do it himself), military family (a family in which usually one of the adults works as a soldier).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.