America’s Next First Lady – level 2
Dr. Jill Biden is the wife of the new US president, Joe Biden. Jill Biden is 69 years old and she is a college professor with four degrees.
Before Joe and Jill Biden met, Joe Biden was married to another woman. They had three children, two boys and a girl. But Biden´s wife and a one-year old daughter died in a car crash.
It was very difficult for Jill to become a part of Joe´s family after such a tragic event. Joe and Jill got married in 1977, and in 1981, their daughter Ashley was born.
Joe Biden was the vice president to the US president Barack Obama, and in 2011, Jill Biden and Michelle Obama started to help military families. Jill Biden plans to continue this work and she wants to keep her job as a teacher.
Difficult words: degree (when a student completes studies at a college or university), tragic (very stressful and sad), vice president (the person who serves as a president when the president cannot do his job).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.