An Accident at the Carnival in Rio – level 1
There is an accident at the carnival in Rio. Some dancers dance on a truck. The truck goes on some pavement. The pavement is wet.
The truck is out of control. It crushes some people against a fence. Then it changes direction. It injures twenty people on the other side of the road.
Police ask the driver about the accident.
Difficult words: pavement (a way for people at the side of a road), crush (press very hard), injures (when someone is hurt), fence (a thing between two gardens or around a house).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.