An actor invests in a technology company – level 2
Nuvei is a company that provides payment services for sports betting. Recently, it received investment from Ryan Reynolds, a well-known Hollywood actor, and investor.
The company was established in Montreal, Canada, in 2003 and operates in around 50 countries. It offers payment services to clients from the gaming and crypto industries. Reynolds didn’t say how much money he invested, but he joked about the CEO’s low profile compared to other US tech executives.
In the past, Reynolds invested in several businesses, including Aviation Gin and Mint Mobile, a budget mobile phone service.
Difficult words: sports betting (predicting sports results to get money), crypto industry (business with digital money), budget (cheap).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What advantages does Nuvei offer to its clients from the gaming and crypto industries?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos