An actor kills a camerawoman – level 2
On Thursday, American actor Alec Baldwin killed camerawoman Halyna Hutchins, and he injured director Joel Souza.
The accident happened in New Mexico during the filming of the 19th-century Western movie ´Rust´. Baldwin fired a prop gun, and then he shot two people. A helicopter took Hutchins to hospital, where she later died. Souza´s injury was not serious, and he left the hospital on the same day.
Police are investigating the incident, and they spoke to the actor shortly after it happened. Reports said that Baldwin was crying when he left the sheriff´s office. Police did not file any charges, and they said that the incident was an accident.
Difficult words: director (a person who tells actors in a movie or play what to do), prop (a thing which people use in a play or movie), charge (to officially say that somebody did something wrong or illegal).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.